Thursday, March 6, 2014

Warmth Shouldn't be Taken for Granted

Okay, so as I sit here in my new office space basking in the warm air blowing out of the heater my thoughts are wandering. 

First I snapped a quick photo of my newish space heater. It has made working downstairs a real possibility because I no longer have to dress in a heavy sweatshirt, socks and slippers to tolerate the cold. 


Then my thoughts wandered to the fact that even though I'm immensely grateful for this heater, I shouldn't take for granted the heat in the house, the roof overhead and the fact that I am both dry and warm each night. 

This has been a chilly winter in so many parts of the country and wet here up in the northwest. It seems like more and more often, even here in the suburbs, I pass individuals who can't count on a dry warm place each night. 

So, yes I feel truly blessed. For all the comforts I have and I will try to remember not to take anything for granted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment