Sunday, March 9, 2014

When the Cat Is Away

 
What happens when you leave a camera unattended on the tripod in the living room and head off to work? Well, you find some pretty random photos the next time you load the card to edit a session. My kids crack me up sometimes.
 
My father-in-law shares a love of photography and has spent a lot of time since he retired learning as much as he can about it. He takes beautiful landscape shots. He is always trying new techniques and makes a point of spending a few hours out shooting photos on any vacation. On our mountain trips in the winter, he'll drop us off in town to go shopping and head out to find a spot for photos.
 
I came home from work the other night to find a long, skinny box on the counter with a note written on it to call him. Which I did. He had bought me a tripod. Such an awesome surprise. Very grateful for not only the gift but for having awesome in-laws. I get along with both of them and that has been a true blessing in life!
 
Of course, I set up the tripod and tried a few shots just to see how it worked. Then I got caught up in household activities and left it up before heading to bed and work the next day.
 
Apparently, the kids decided to try a few test shots of their own with the self timer. Not sure how they managed to get their dad to look at the camera because he refuses when I ask him. I swear they don't usually look this goofy. Well, maybe they do but I love them anyway.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment