Thursday, July 25, 2013

Still Blessed

I don't have photos to post to accompany this post but was thinking of blessings today.

I have noticed an increase in the number of panhandlers lately. They seem to be moving out into more and more suburban communities as well. This is not meant as a social commentary, or the start of a discussion on the economy. Merely an observation.

It puts into perspective what is important and forces me to re-consider what "broke" is. Despite some months being leaner than others, I am grateful that we are able to provide our children with a home, food to eat, the opportunity to participate in sports, and the absence of fear from any of the above. My heart breaks for those who struggle with the basics and the children who wonder what each day will bring.

I am grateful for having a husband who supports my need for creativity. For friends who love me even when I fall off the planet, caught up in my projects.

I am grateful for so much more but that is what is on my mind today.

We have been blessed and I truly believe the Lord provides what we need. Not always what we want, but always what we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment