Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 40 &43


 
 
Sunday evening Ken and I left the kids at home and headed to Mill Creek for a grown up dinner. What made it a grown up dinner, you ask? Well, we chose a restaurant that we both enjoy and the kids don't. No mac and cheese, grilled cheese or chicken strips on the menu. Kafe Neo is a very small chain (3 locations) of Greek restaurants. We have now been to all of their locations. The Mill Creek one is definitely the nicest. Small but has a great atmosphere. I was coveting the chandeliers.
 
 I had a grown up drink (Ken was driving). It was an ouzotini. I had forgotten what ouzo was. Holy moley, the  licorice flavoring was strong! We both had gyros and salads. And of course the skordalia is a must to try! I need to experiment and learn to make it myself.
 
I am thankful for the opportunity to spend grown up time with Ken. It was a nice night of catching up without interuptions. A true treat.
 


One of the radiologists I have worked with is leaving the company after this week. We are holding a potluck tomorrow for her and we always sign a card for someone when they are leaving. Or coming. Or celebrating a birthday. Or...you get the point.

Anyhow, we didn't have any going away cards in our handy card binder so I volunteered to make one. Normally, I make something with paper, die cuts, etc but I thought it would be fun to make a more graphic card this time. I put this together in Photoshop and am really pleased with how it came out.

I am grateful for the years working with this provider and the opportunity to get to know her. Also, for getting a chance to do a more creative project with my Photoshop skills. Granted it was a simple one, but fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment