Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 22 & 27

 
I'm really out of order here but I hadn't gotten around to photographing what I was grateful for on Tuesday.
 
Each month I have the opportunity of working in my daughter's classroom as an Art Docent. This month the lesson focused on Picasso. We discussed the life and styles of Picasso's art. We also touched on colors and what different colors can express about our feelings.
 
I decided to do a piece inspired by his Blue Period. Each child drew a self portrait with Sharpie and then chose the color they felt reflected their mood for the day. They could use white and black to make tints and shades of their color.
 
We discussed light and dark areas of the face and then they each made a beautiful portrait.
 
I'm grateful to have the opportunity to work with the kids and to have a job that allows me the flexibility to get into the classroom once a month.
 
The weather here has been gray and wet for the past week. The fog finally went away though so that's something. Sunday, Bailey was out with friends. We were looking for a family activity for Ken, Anique and I. Despite the wet weather we decided a trip to Pike Place Market would be fun.

I'm grateful for the chance to spend time with my family and to explore the city sights we so often take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment